May 3, 2008

Working in the fields


I tried a new paper, "Guardi Artistico Torchon". I never used Torchon because of its rough surface. I always thought I couldn't draw a detailed sketch on it. I was very prejudiced, I admit. It was a joy to work on that paper; and - as you can see - it is very good for glazing.


Ich habe ein neues Papier ausprobiert, "Guardi Artistico Torchon". Ich habe Torchon nie vorher benutzt, weil es eine sehr rauhe Oberfläche hat. Ich dachte immer, ich könnte darauf keine detaillierten Skizzen anbringen. Ich hatte wirklich große Vorurteile, ich gebe es zu.
Es war eine reine Freude, mit diesem Papier zu arbeiten und - das kann man sehen- es ist sehr geeignet für eine lasierende Malweise.

4 comments:

sukipoet said...

A beautiful painting. Full of nostalgia. Love the colors. bravo for trying something new.

ellie said...

Lovely colours and beautiful washes. Well worth experimenting ! Well done, Ellie ps I really like the painting of the blue and white cup too, really pretty !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color transitions here - I think this paper suits you!

mARTa said...

It's so etheral........I find myself wandering in and out of your painting, I hear the rake, 'scratch, scratch' This is so beautiful!