April 25, 2008

Painting from memory 2


When I came home from work today, I noticed a row of white daffodils beneath some trees. I was driving my car and therefore could only get a short glimpse of the scene at my left. Too bad, no pen, no camera, not even time for a second glance...So I had to "memorize" and sketched later, at home.

Als ich heute nach Hause fuhr, sah ich eine Reihe weißer Narzissen unter einigen Bäumen. Ich mußte mich auf das Autofahren konzentrieren und konnte deshalb nur einen ganz flüchtigen Blick auf die Szene werfen. Wirklich schade, kein Stift dabei, keine Kamera, und nicht einmal die Zeit, einen zweiten Blick zu riskieren...So mußte ich versuchen, das Gesehene im Gedächtnis zu speichern und skizzierte das Ganze später, zu Hause.

9 comments:

Teri said...

It is so beautiful, no wonder you had to paint it. Good perspective andn a beautiful view.

Melinda said...

Beautiful paintings! I am returning to painting in my fibre art after about 20 years. Good to try something new.

Laurel Neustadter said...

Very beautiful. Working from memory works for you!

Mary Richmond said...

love this little painting! brings back my own memories!

sukipoet said...

Lovely. I like the perspective too. Your paintings evoke peaceful feelings. The colors here so gentle and light.

Thanks for your recent visits to my blog and the comments, esp on silence/vs noise. Hope you are able to move to the country again, as you wish. Be well, suki

Cara Carmina said...

such beutiful image from a memory... I came to thank your beautiful comment on my blog... thanks a lot! you are welcome again... and I give you a lemon ice cream for your Tuesday... is good for smiling!

ciao!

good luck!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

I do admire anyone who can create a piece of realist artwork from memory. I always need a reference to start with - except for my spiritual church pieces which come from somewhere out there!!! Charming result - the scene must have really hit you strong as you drove past.

mARTa said...

I think one of the hardest things to do is paint from memory! Yours are so beautiful and captivating. It makes me want to wander into all your paintings...and perhaps pick the daffodils!

E-J said...

I could NEVER produce a memory sketch as convincing as this. Lovely.