March 29, 2008

Waterbrush


Today I tried to paint with a sort of waterbrush from Pilot, Japan. The brush leads to a very dotty kind of style and you can only paint very tiny sketches, because the water doesn't come out of the brush very steadily. I tried waterbrushes from "Aquaflo" and Letraset, too. They work more or less in the same way than the Pilot waterbrush. I wonder if the famous "Niji" waterbrush is a better choice...

Heute habe ich versucht, mit einem sogenannten "Wasserpinsel" von Pilot zu malen. Er wird mit Wasser gefüllt und gibt bei leichtem Druck Wasser ab, so daß man damit malen kann, ohne einen Wasserbehälter benutzen zu müssen. Der Pinsel führt allerdings zu einem sehr impressionistischen "Tupfen"-Stil. Außerdem kann man nur Miniskizzen damit machen, weil das Wasser nicht immer gleichmäßig aus dem Pinsel herausfließt. Ich habe auch von Letraset und von "Aquaflo" Wasserpinsel probiert; sie haben in etwa die gleichen Eigenschaften. Ich frage mich, ob der berühmte "Niji"-Wasserpinsel vielleicht eine bessere Wahl wäre...

8 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

I use the Pentel Aquabrushes and find them pretty versatile.
These are lovely little sketches, Claudia.

Reginas Cottage said...

Hallo Claudia
Bin immer wieder von deinen Werken
begeistert,ich wünschte ich könnte
so malen.
Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag
Regina

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

These waterbrushes are great to take out sketching as it saves taking a pot and water. They are lovely for adding shading to a sketch done in water soluble ink or water colour pencil just by dragging some colour out of the line. Like your results.

Andrea's Garden said...

hallo, vielen Dank für deinen Besuch bei mir. Deine Bilder sind wirklich klasse und ich komme gerne wieder. Ich mal ja auch gerne und habe mir dein Sketchbuch angesehen. Wirklich tolle Aquarelle. LG Andrea

Mia said...

Dear Claudia! Whatever technique you have used, the finished result is just as lovely. Thank you for your lovely email and the photo of the little heart. I am so pleased that you enjoy it. I am so fond of your watercolour of my little red house, and will try to send a photo of it to you, all framed and hanging on the wall. I do hope you re enjoying better spring weather than we are... I am nearly loosing my patience...

ellie said...

What beautiful little sketches they are ! Well done ! I have never tried one of these brushes, I'd love to have a go, I'll look out for one. Take care !

Robert A Vollrath said...

I love your work. I'm working on a graphic novel about my life and my art is weak. I've been thinking about small watercolors.

Your sketches are beautiful.

marianne said...

This is very nice, I'll keep my eyes open for this pencil!
Nice blog you have btw, I love your watercolors