January 5, 2008

EDM No.4 your mug or cup


Finally, I finished another EDM : "your mug or cup". Sometimes, I paint while I drink tea or coffee and it happened that I dipped the brush into the tea instead of the glass with water...and, no, I didn't drink it after that! And you really shouldn't, if something like that happens, especially if you just painted with Paris Green!

Endlich habe ich wieder einmal eine der EDM-Aufgaben gemalt: "Dein Becher oder Deine Tasse". Manchmal male ich, während ich Tee oder Kaffee trinke und es passierte schon, daß ich den Pinsel in den Tee anstatt in das Glas mit Wasser getaucht habe...und nein, ich habe ihn danach dann nicht mehr getrunken! Und das sollte man auch nicht, besonders, wenn man gerade mit Schweinfurter Grün gemalt hat!

8 comments:

MILLY said...

I have just been looking through your 2007 sketchbook, it is so interesting and the work is beautiful. I have just started one for this year, hoping to draw in it each day. If it looks anything as interesting as your at the end of 2008 , I will be very pleased.
The mug painting is also lovely,
you have a lovely style with water colour.
Eileen

mARTa said...

Hola Claudia. I don't know how many times I have done just that, dip the brush into whatever I am drinking...so now I make sure it's not expensive wine! What a nice sketch. Mugs are fun aren't they?

Laurel Neustadter said...

Lovely! The paint splatter is a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

A lovely sketch claudia, your colours and handling of the watercolour are breautiful!
Ronell

Joan Y said...

LOL I've done the same Claudia! Love this watercolor. You have a knack for mixing colors in all of your watercolors!

Kathleen Pequignot said...

I am so excited to see your blog Claudia. I studied German in college, but I rarely have a chance to read the language in everyday life. I will try to read each entry auf Deutsch... it will be so much fun to see how much I can understand. Of course the English text will help me if I get confused. Your art is beautiful, and I will enjoy seeing your new pieces. My ancestors came from Southern Germany, in a small town Anweiler am Treifels. I would love to travel there someday to see the small village. Have a wonderful New Year!!!!

Wren said...

This is lovely! Beautiful composition. Your sketches are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful image - I love images of artist's tools!