April 23, 2012

Muscari

One of the bulbs I planted in November 2011 were "Muscari". They appear now all over the garden. In the attempt to make a "loose" watercolour, I tried to capture the "essence" of the flower, the feeling I have when I observe it.


What I learned was that I have to use much more water than I usually do. And I'm not sure if I really want to do "loose" watercolours. When I think about painting plants, I normally like the "botanical painting" approach. Well, I' ll take it as a kind of experiment.

posted by

4 comments:

BrittArnhild said...

Ever since I was a girl, the blue muscari, or perleblomst as we call it in Norway, has been my favorite. Your painting is just LOVELY!

Laura said...

Beautiful. You have captured the essence of the flower wonderfully. Sometimes the loose approach is all that is needed to convey the subject's true inner beauty as well as the beauty of watercolour pigments themselves.

Anonymous said...

I really like how she tried to capture the "essence" of the flower because since water colors are being used in this piece it makes the flowers look a little mess, but defiantly classy. its a very simple drawing, but its something that i wouldn't mind putting up in my bathroom at home. i think lavander the color attracts the eye as well.

Anonymous said...

i really like how the "essence" of the flower can be seen here because since there is water color being used it makes it look a little messy, but also looks very classy. lavender seems to catch the attention of the eye therefore who ever sees this painting automatically focuses there eyes to the middle of the painting. this is something that i would definitely put in a bathroom or something. very Beautiful!