April 23, 2012

Muscari

One of the bulbs I planted in November 2011 were "Muscari". They appear now all over the garden. In the attempt to make a "loose" watercolour, I tried to capture the "essence" of the flower, the feeling I have when I observe it.


What I learned was that I have to use much more water than I usually do. And I'm not sure if I really want to do "loose" watercolours. When I think about painting plants, I normally like the "botanical painting" approach. Well, I' ll take it as a kind of experiment.

posted by

2 comments:

BrittArnhild said...

Ever since I was a girl, the blue muscari, or perleblomst as we call it in Norway, has been my favorite. Your painting is just LOVELY!

Laura Moore said...

Beautiful. You have captured the essence of the flower wonderfully. Sometimes the loose approach is all that is needed to convey the subject's true inner beauty as well as the beauty of watercolour pigments themselves.