April 20, 2010

Virtual Paintout-Islas Canarias


In April, the themes for the virtual paintout are the Canary Islands in Spain. Every participant must use a view found through Google Street View as the reference for the painting or drawing. I found my motif near San Agustín, Gran Canaria.
Although I share the opinion of some people who are sceptical regarding google street view in general, I have to admit that it can be a fantastic tool for artists.

Im April haben wir beim Virtual Paintout Blog das Thema "Kanarische Inseln". Jeder Teilnehmer muß ein Motiv benutzen, das er durch Google Street View gefunden hat. Ich fand meines in der Nähe von San Agustín, Gran Canaria.

Obwohl ich die Auffassung vieler Menschen teile, die Google Street View gegenüber sehr skeptisch sind, muß ich zugeben, daß es für Künstler äußerst nützlich sein kann.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your view of the islands very much. Its just amazing how we all see such different things from such a small place.

Your choice of colours capture the warmth and heat of summer days perfectly. I also enjoy that the cloud edges compliment the palm leaf edges.

I think the best part of the monthly theme is seeing all the paintings by everyone.

Niels Henriksen

Claudia said...

Thank you!
- Yes, it is such a pleasure to see how all participants see a region in many different ways...

Murilo S Romeiro said...

great watercolor, congratulations.
My best regards.

Unknown said...

This is a very nice watercolour Claudia,

Roxanne said...

Hi, Claudia! Thank you so much for droppin by and leaving a comment. It's so much fun to have another artist friend. Your blog is lovely. I enjoyed reading 'about me'! Please come back soon!

Blue skies!
Roxanne

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Love the feeling you have created with the soft gentle colours here Claudia. Don't know anything about this google view - is it like our map references with street views.??