February 2, 2009

acrylic adventure



When I want to paint a so-called "abstract" painting, there are always some non-abstract motifs which suggests themselves, like these little houses in the background. I found out that the "house" motif is very important to me.

Wenn ich ein sogenanntes "abstraktes" Bild male, gibt es immer wieder einige nicht-abstrakte Motive, die sich mir aufdrängen, wie diese kleinen Häuser im Hintergrund. Ich fand dabei heraus, daß das "Haus"-Motiv sehr wichtig für mich ist.

4 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Very cool - Your eye is just captivated by the little houses, especially the first one, and it makes the whole abstract immediately into a landscape.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Love the effect of the textured strokes. Did you achieve these on a first layer with a stiff brush or a comb?? They show through like magic. Also admire the tones of blue used in the'sky' element of the painting. Thanks for your recent email re abstract or figurative works that we can work in parallel. I think my zentangles are influencing me at the moment - so watch out for an 'abstract' acrylic piece from me soon!!! Strange, my verification word today for this comment is 'Manet' - how apt is that for us painters.

sukipoet said...

beautiful. I love the colors and shapes and the houses in the distance. Your meld of abstract and concrete. I love your header too. The way it is not squeezed in to a rectangle but has free edges.

Sandy Maudlin said...

Excellent!