October 27, 2007

Last holiday sketches - now Welcome, Autumn!





These are the last sketches from our wonderful time in Crete. I love warm weather, swimming and bright, sunny days, but I e q u a l l y love cold, stormy, rainy (or better - snowy) days, yes indeed! For me, every season has it's own values...and I'm not the kind of person who is always complaining about the weather! In summer, I live like the Mediterranean people; in winter, I can live like the Scandinavians. So I say a heartfelt welcome to A u t u m n . Life is beautiful!
Das sind die letzten Skizzen von unserer schönen Zeit auf Kreta. Ich liebe warmes Wetter, Schwimmen und helle, sonnige Tage, aber ich liebe gleichermaßen kalte, stürmische, regnerische (oder besser - verschneite) Tage; ja, wirklich! Für mich hat jede Jahreszeit ihre eigenen Werte...und ich gehöre nicht zu den Leuten, die sich ständig über das Wetter beklagen! Im Sommer lebe ich wie die Südländer; im Winter wie die Skandinavier. So sage ich ein herzliches Willkommen dem H e r b s t . Das Leben ist schön!




5 comments:

Mia said...

Dearest Claudia! I just love all your holiday sketches, the way you capture the essense of Mediterranean living. But as you say, every season has its charm, and us Scandinavians know a thing or two about winter living...

Thank you again for your lovely comments in my blog. You have just a way of briging a smile on my face every time I read them. And please do give my reagards to you Mother. I am so pleased to learn that she enjoyes my blog, even though she does not understand the words.

Teri said...

Your travel sketches are so beautiful Claudia. Thank you for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Great work. Although being just a sketch amateur I am addict to voyages.

hfm
http://tcores.blogspot.com

MD said...

What beautiful work you do. I have really enjoyed looking at your Crete sketches.
MD

Anonymous said...

It was so exciting seeing your holiday sketches...you really took us on atrip, now i need to go in person...thanks for sharing in such an interesting way
ronell